Monday 26 March 2012

Delays, and more delays

We've been waiting for a while now for our paperwork to come in. These are needed to obtain our entry visas into Mozambique. Now before you jump to conclusions, it is not a beaurocratic issue ... in fact it is not clear what happened. The papers were sent, but they were not received. But it doesn't matter, there are other things that require our attention such that we won't be leaving prior to the end of April.

One thing though, it allows us to celebrate some very important events in the lives of some dear friends!

So always look at the positive side of things. We now have had the wonderful opportunity to celebrate some important events in the lives of some dear friends. One had succesfully defended her Ph.D., and the others have just become new Canadian Citizens! I'm so glad we were here to celebrate these events. It also gives me the opportunity to spend more time with friends, cycle around town, and enjoy our awesome library. In between I've started on my Portuguese lessons - similar, but not so similar, to Spanish. It's weird: with languages I need to hear to learn, with other topics, I need to read. Probably has something to do with the way brains, or my brain, is wired.

But check out the following language learning links:
If you know of others, please add to the list in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment